Thursday, March 31, 2011

career day











When I was hired to shoot Career Day for Berry Elementary, I have to admit I was a little nervous. My goal was to be background and just document the day for the school to use for the paper, yearbook, etc. I've shot weddings and other events where staying in the background and just being a soft click and a shadow are easy to accomplish. In a room full of curious little kids, this is a different equation all together. you cant get them to ignore the camera, which is usually what makes my job so great. Not wanting to be a distraction to the career presenters was a big challenge. Try as I might, the kids were intrigued by the photographer and performed as such..mostly hams. A frustration for teachers but endless entertainment for me. What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment